If you are brought in for assessment, or are referred into one of our programs:
The Access and Admission team provides confidential assistance. It is the entry point for psychiatric treatment services offered at the GHS Department of Pyschiatry & Behavioral Health. Once an assessment is scheduled, a member of our clinical team will conduct a thorough interview/assessment to determine what level of treatment best meets your behavioral health needs. Treatment options may include inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient and/or an outpatient referral.
Please bring your insurance card(s), prescription card(s), and a list of your medications.
What can I expect?
- On arrival you will be given two forms to complete. One is for demographic information and the other is to list your medications. Click on Universal Medication Form, to print form for medications you can use and bring with you.
- You will then sit down with one of our clinical staff members and complete the structured clinical interview/assessment.
- Following the clinical interview/assessment, the clinical staff will review the information with a psychiatrist. Upon review of the information obtained, a determination is made for the best and least restrictive level of treatment.
- Once a decision is made, the recommendation is discussed with you and a referral to that level of care is made.
- Depending of the level of care to which you are directed, additional paperwork/consents are obtained.
Please feel free to inquire about any concerns you have regarding the assessment, admission or insurance process.